I LOVE the look of it!!! And it would be SUPER easy to make! SO I had Ryan run to Home Depot and get me two (I planned to make 2 of these) 1 by 6's. Then they sat in my hallway for a month. I had planned on staining the wood with some leftover stain I had from back when I helped a friend stain her bed. (see here) However its now super cold outside and staining outside is not an option. I could stain it in the basement but then the house stinks and its not properly ventilated... so that was going to happen. I had also planned on bringing the wood to my parents house and staining it in their garage because they have a heater in there. But I forgot the wood when we went to visit. Thats why the wood sat there for a month!! Then last Friday I took the day off work and decided it was time to deal with it!! I sat back and brainstormed what I could do without using stain! Then I thought meh lets try something new. So I pulled out some brown and silver paint and mixed them one a plate.
Then using a measuring tape, a ruler and a marker I marked the lines onto the wood. I made the foot markings 2 inches in length and the inch markings 1 inch in length. This took about 5 minutes to do. Then I freehanded the numbers. I had wanted to use a stencil for them but couldn't for the life of me find my numbers stencil... so I freehanded it!!
And there you have it, Norahs growth chart!! Now we just need to hang it!! I made it so it starts at 6 inches, which means we need to hang it 6 inches from the floor.