Thursday, April 29, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
You can find the tutorial on how it was created here.
I love this idea for many reasons... the biggest reason is that maybe if I can make one of these successfully I can get rid of the 1970's made 'The Guerin's" sign that Ryan refuses to get rid of and is hanging in my back hallway.... IT HAS CARTOON BUNNIES ON IT!!!!!! No matter how many places I hide it, it just keeps coming back! SO if I can successfully make a new one maybe just maybe we can get rid of the bunnies!!!! WISH ME LUCK!!! I will post how it turns out when I get around to it... even if my attempt looks AWFUL I'll still post it!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
I plan to do some more hearts on the wall eventually, but for now I'm going to see how I like it over the week. On another note, here is a picture of what some of the other fabric I bought on my trip was transformed into. (I would like to note that I did make the bed and no matter what I did it looked lumpy. The duvet was being particularly fussy and lumpy.. It needs a good beating to put it back to shape.... which I will be doing shortly) :-)
Thursday, April 22, 2010
These pots will go perfectly with what I have in mind for our kitchen! But shhhh Ryan isn't too impressed with my ideas.. mainly because it means more work! haaahaa!!! I will reveal that project in the months to come!!! I'm hoping to a mini kitchen makeover sometime this summer when I have a week off!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Needless to say it was about time to paint the front door!! SO on the weekend I pulled out my trusty sand paper and got down to work. It was hard work sanding down the door but an hour later I had not only sanded it down but gotten all of the reminents of the stickers off the door as well as cleaned the door top to bottom. Then it was painting time! Since Ryan bought too much railing paint I pulled out the can (it was made for outdoor doors and railings so I was able to reuse it). I put down plastic so as not to drip all over everything (I'm a VERY messy painter!!). I also used some left over red tape to tape off the doorknob/lock and window so as to not get brown paint on it. And away I went! This is my door now! A little bit lighter but it looks SO much better!!! (the red tape still has to be removed, it was very wet still). I left the door open (luckily it was a nice day) all day so it could dry and so it didn't stink like paint in the house!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
So here is what I started with today!
See the 3 feet of space!! The biggest task was cleaning the cabinet. It hadn't been cleaned since before we moved into the house.. the only spot in the entire house that wasn't cleaned! SO I tackled that first with a cloth, soap and warm water. It didn't take too long! The cabinet is made out of chip board so it has a lot of sharp edges. I didn't want our towels to get snagged so I found some shelf liner that we had lying around the house. And after cleaning the cabinet it was time to install the shelf liner.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
After I had the edge ironed I took out my hem tape and put it in the fold and pressed with the iron for a few seconds. VOILA, instant hem!! Make sure to get an extra strong hem tape, some of the cheaper tapes end up coming loose after a period of time.