Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Families Are Like Fudge...

Remember on my 'to do list' (here) I wanted to do a photo project in the hallway. Well I finally got around to it. This is what my hallway was looking like. Now the small 5 photos just weren't doing it for me.









I had originally wanted to tackle something like what Sherry and John over at Young House Love had done. See below.






However after starring at my wall and humming and haaing... and most importantly realizing that all the pictures frames we had in the basement we had JUST recently gotten rid of because I had decided we didn't need to keep them around. In my own words "we haven't used them yet lets just get rid of them". ARGH I shouldn't listen to myself. SO long thought process short... I realized I would have to go buy a bunch of frames to accomplish what I 'thought' I had wanted. I started to look at alternatives to just using the few frames I had on hand. I forgot about this awesome frame my friend had given me a long time ago and pulled it out. During one of Norah's naps I came up with this...

I like that it is a little more than 5 tiny photos. Here is a close up. I found this quote and it just summed up our family. Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts! I knew I wanted to use it and when I found the frame behind a dresser in the kitchen it was just perfect! I pulled out all the fun photos of our family I could find. I know its hard to see but believe me most of these pictures aren't your 'typical' family photo! haahaa. And just because we love her so much, I added 2 8 by 10's on either side of it with photos of Me, Ryan and Norah.




Nothing special but it definitely makes me smile to walk down the hall now!


That is ONE thing checked off our 'to do list'. Actually we have checked off a few things on our old to do list... but added MANY more!! Here is the most up to date to do list (red items have been completed):

1) Make brother and sister in law pillows - COMPLETED!!!

2) Photo project in hall - COMPLETED!!!!

3)Spring Cleaning - COMPLETED!!!!

4)Paint behind toilet in upstairs bathroom

5)Clean Basement

6)Install Carpet

7)Make curtains for kitchen window - COMPLETED (post this week)

8)Fix Kitchen cabinet chips

9)Clean up closets - HALF COMPLETED... needs to be done again..... booo!

10)Organize Kitchen Cupboards

11)Install laminate flooring upstairs

12)Finish painting basement

13)Panel the entrance to basement bathroom

14)Paint back stairway

15) Finish Norah's door (when we flipped Norah's door around we never finished putting the hardware on so there is a doorknob but no place for it to lock into)
16)Fix upstairs shower tiles... they are coming loose

17) Fix upstairs bathroom cabinet mirror

18)drywall under window in spare room (never finished this because we didn't have a piece of drywall big enough but we have leftovers from the basement that we plan on using!)

19)Seal the stones on the outside of the house


That's a LOOOOOONG list!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment