Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dress Progress

Yesterday I said I wanted to make this dress from www.made-by-rae.com. WELL today while Norah napped I almost finished the dress. Actually it only took me about an hour and a half to get this far. This dress is SUPER easy to make!!! I plan on making MANY MORE!!!! This is my progress so far! As you can see I have the top finished and the bottom finished... I would have finished the entire dress but I still don't have piping or bias tape to finish it off. I know you can easily make those yourself BUT I want them in either yellow or orange (I'm leaning towards yellow) and I don't have any yellow or orange fabric lying around. Tomorrow we are headed to Fabricland to pick up the piping and bias tape so this dress will be finished tomorrow. I am SUPER happy with it so far. The only thing that I am not sure about is how to tie the straps. I followed the pattern properly but its VERY hard to tie bows with the short amount of fabric. Next time I make this dress I plan on making MUCH longer straps so it can easily be tied in big bows! If the straps on this dress are too short I will just attach some snaps or buttons on the top to keep it on, no big deal.



Since I have enough extra fabric left I plan on making a pair of bloomers to go with the dress. I found a free pattern at Martha Stewarts website here that I plan on testing out! That post later this week possibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment